The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 requires that the condition of asbestos containing materials are inspected regularly to ensure any deterioration or damage is identified and remedied and records updated accordingly.
During the reinspection visit, If any deterioration or damage is identified a remedial works package is produced through the online software, this can be tracked through the following stages:
- Review and create the proposed scope of works
- Issue to approved contractors for costings
- Arrange site attendance
- Review the completed works against the agreed scope of works
- Update the asbestos register
DMG Asbestos Management regard the regular inspection of identified asbestos containing materials (ACMs) as a key aspect of the overall ‘Asbestos Management Plan’. This visit provides an opportunity not only to inspect the condition of all known ACMs, but an opportunity to review:
- Any changes to building layouts.
- The occupation of the premises.
asbestos is managed at a site level including:
- The signing in process.
- Availability and access to the asbestos register.
- Accessing and surveying previously inaccessible areas.
A key part of the effective management of asbestos is the quality of the information captured and maintained within the ‘Asbestos Registers’. We utilise industry leading online compliance management software to capture and display re-inspection data that provides real time site information as well as portfolio reporting.