Where asbestos removal or remediation has been identified as a requirement, either for general maintenance/repairs or for major refurbishment or demolition works, DMG Asbestos Management can coordinate the asbestos element of the works, our independence allows us to act entirely in our client’s best interests.
These removal or remediation activities are undertaken by specialist asbestos removal contractors with the air monitoring, certification and re-occupation process being carried out by an independent UKAS accredited testing laboratory.
Through understanding your needs and the projects requirements, DMG Asbestos Management will take on the role of Designer or Principal Designer and carry out the following:
- Produce a project specific scope of works that considers the overall project requirements and any remaining asbestos risk that would require ongoing management.
- Considerations for other onsite hazards and risks.
- Obtaining and reviewing quotations provided by approved asbestos removal contractors.
- Co-ordinate with the appointed removal contractor and where applicable a UKAS accredited analytical company.
- Carry out contractor audits to ensure the highest on-site standards.
- All works will be reviewed and signed off upon completion and the ‘Asbestos Register’ updated to reflect the current position and any remaining asbestos risks.