If you have had confirmation that your building contains asbestos then DMG Asbestos Management can assist, whether that be to remove the materials or to encapsulate/enclose the material to prevent future damage.
DMG Asbestos Management offer:
- Non-Licensed Asbestos Removal
- Project Management for Licensed Asbestos Removal
- Asbestos Waste Collection Services
Non-Licensed Asbestos Removal
DMG Asbestos Management carry out non-licensed asbestos removal.
Examples of non-licensed materials are:
- Asbestos garages, sheds, out-buildings
- Asbestos cement roofs
- Asbestos cement sheets
- Asbestos cement soffits, gutters, downpipes
- Asbestos cement flue’s
- Asbestos floor tiles
- Asbestos textured coatings (Artex)
- Asbestos bitumen products
- Asbestos gaskets
Project Management for Licensed Asbestos Removal
Work on particular asbestos containing materials can only be carried out by a company who holds a licence issued by the HSE ‘Licenced Asbestos Removal Contractor’, this is due to the hazardous nature of these higher risk materials.
All work with sprayed asbestos coatings, asbestos insulation (lagging) and most work with asbestos insulating board (AIB) should be carried out by a licenced contractor.
Through understanding your needs and the projects requirements, DMG Asbestos Management will take on the role of Designer or Principal Designer and carry out the following:
- Produce a project specific scope of works that considers the overall project requirements and remaining asbestos risk that would require ongoing management.
- Considerations for other onsite hazards and risks.
- Obtaining and reviewing quotations provided by approved asbestos removal contractors.
- Co-ordinate with the appointed removal contractor and where applicable a UKAS accredited analytical company.
- Carry out contractor audits to ensure the highest on-site standards.
- All works will be reviewed and signed off upon completion.
- The ‘Asbestos Register’ will be updated to reflect the current position and any remaining asbestos risks. Note: Asbestos registers will be updated if held and maintained through our asbestos online management system.
Asbestos Waste Collection Services
DMG Asbestos Management hold a hazardous waste carriers licence and offer an asbestos waste collection service.
Asbestos waste must be placed in suitable packaging to prevent fibres being released. Asbestos waste bags (1000 gauge polythene) can be utilised and should be double wrapped. For larger intact sections, polythene sheeting should be utilised (1000 gauge polythene) and again double wrapped. In both cases asbestos warning labels should be applied. DMG Asbestos Management can provide a bagging/wrapping service if required.
Asbestos waste should only be handled by a licensed disposal site. Commercial waste must be transported by a licensed waste carrier and waste consignment notes must be completed and records retained.